- Mouse Embryo Assay (MEA): Utilizing FRESHLY HARVESTED one-cell or two-cell mouse embryos, Embryotech Labs (ELI) offers customized MEA for evaluation of raw materials, complete culture media, culture media supplements and various disposable items. Our facility operates under strict GMP guidelines, which allows us to provide accurate Certificates of Analysis with confidence.
- Limulus Amebocyte Lysate Assay (LAL): The LAL assay is the most sensitive and specific means available to screen medical devices, raw materials and media for the presence of harmful levels of endotoxin. Embryotech Laboratories offers two types of LAL assay: Gel Clot and Kinetic Turbidimetric.
- The Gel Clot LAL assay is based on a biological enzyme reaction where in the presence of specific endotoxin levels, produces an opaque gel. A firm gel is formed if the concentration of endotoxin exceeds the reagent labeled sensitivity.
- The Kinetic Turbidimetric LAL assay is a quantitative, kinetic assay for the detection of bacterial endotoxin. In the presence of endotoxin, the lysate will begin to gel, resulting in turbidity (cloudiness) of the solution. The time required for the change is used to determine the amount of endotoxin present.
- Human Sperm Survival Assay (HuSSA): HuSSA measures the motility of human sperm at various time points after exposure to the test material and compares it to to the motility of a control human sperm sample.
- Mouse IVF Assay: Sperm function is measured by ability to fertilize oocytes with and without contact to the material being tested.