Come join our team!
We are hiring a General Lab Technician
Job Title: General Lab Technician
Department: Quality Control/ Embryology
Reports to: Michelle Tedder and Joshua Dorman
FLSA Status: Part-Time
Prepared Date: 1/2019
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties that fall within the skill requirements of the job may be assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES:
- Know and understand ISO 17025 requirements and our internal Quality Policy.
- Following established policies and procedures perform all biological assays offered by the company.
- Work as a team with the Quality Control department and the Cryopreservation Department as needed.
- Maintain all laboratory equipment calibration recordings and cleaning (i.e. water baths, pH meter, control rate freezers, Microscopes, refrigerators, Osmolarity etc.)
- Manage all Embryology and Quality Control related Laboratory SOP’s
- Manage all Embryology and Quality Control related Laboratory Control Sheets
- Basic Embryology Work like: (Sacrifice animals for ova/embryo harvesting, Cryopreserve ova/embryos, Embryo scoring (culture development)
- Preparation of reagents.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Minimum: High School degree; additional qualification as a laboratory technician
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Proficiency in the following computer applications: MS Office, i.e., Word, Excel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally expose to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.