Come join our team!
Logistics Technicians thrive in environments that require them to be detail-oriented multitaskers. As a logistics technician, you are responsible for making sure that all customers receive their items in a timely manner, without mistakes or delays. You will be seen as an important liaison between our business and our clients, making sure that everyone gets what they need as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Coordinate deliveries to customers and clients on a daily basis, both domestic and internationally, including boxing goods, addressing packages and staying in contact with shipping companies.
- Full understanding of International and domestic shipping requirements.
- Receive and process material orders on a daily basis, including accepting deliveries, labeling them, and distributing packages and letters internally.
- Maintain the company stockroom by cleaning, organizing, and labeling items in storage on a regular basis.
- Provides additional back up support to the Animal and Husbandry Department.
- Keep records of goods that have been shipped and received.
- Place raw materials in the storage facility by boxing and lifting items as necessary.
- Perform customer service duties as necessary, maintaining good relationships with shipping companies and clients who are receiving goods.
- Collaborates and communicates with managers and technicians involved in Laboratory Operations.
- Tracks, traces, and updates the status of incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Develops business relationships with suppliers.
- Monitors demand and analyzes data to anticipate future supply and logistical needs.
- Promptly unloads trucks and deliveries as well as sorts and stocks receivables.
- Maintains an accurate log inventory.
- Analyzes daily product and supply levels to anticipate inventory problems and shortages.
- Engages with vendors and delivery drivers with a positive attitude.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Maintains a clean, neat, working area.
- Strong sense of time organization and urgency.
- Able to work independently as well as within a team.
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Minimum of two years of experience in a similar role
- Experience with domestic and international shipping
- Experience working with inventory management software and forecasting strategies
- Experience conducting tracking and data analysis
- Excel proficient