Come join our team!
We are hiring a LABORATORY TECHNICIAN
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. This position requires a thorough understanding of quality control. The person should have technical knowledge of laboratory procedures and ISO requirements. This position requires time management, attention to detail, and organizational skills. The person should have the ability to approach problem-solving in a clear and concise manner with a positive approach to teamwork, with a willingness to learn and share knowledge. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties that fall within the skill requirements of the job may be assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Preparation of all Embryology reagents and animal hormone
- Preparation of all Embryology related paperwork
- Share and rotate weekend responsibilities with all other laboratory technicians
- Administer hormone (superovulation) and breed animals
- Monitor and record animal’s environment
- Change and clean animal cages and water bottles
- Animal dissection and sacrifice
- Animal embryo collections, manipulation, and grading
- Precision mouth pipetting of animal embryos
- Embryo scoring (culture development & growth and development detail)
- Preform animal Invitro Fertilization (IVF) and Embryo Transfers (ET)
- Conduct Customer Complaint investigations
- Generate and review all embryo batch certificates of analysis (CoA)
- Establish professional relationships with customers to answer questions troubleshoot problems that may arise, and communicate expected timelines via e-mail or phone
- Manage all Embryology SOP’s and Control Sheets
- Maintain all Embryology laboratory equipment calibration recordings and cleanings
- Responsible for handling Embryology related complaints and Out of Specifications (OOS)
- Monitor and maintain liquid nitrogen levels in storage tanks
- Assist with training for new employees on all Embryology related SOP’s, tasks, and procedures
- Support Quality Assurance as needed
- Observe established policies and procedures
- Know and understand ISO 17025 requirements
- Know and understand our Quality Policy
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:A Bachelor’s degree in biology or other scientific discipline and >2 years laboratory experience is desirable although >5 years of experience working in a laboratory may be substituted for the required degree.
LANGUAGE SKILLS:Ability to read and analyze, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and the validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Proficiency in the following computer applications: MS Office, i.e., Word, Excel, Quick Books
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee could encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.